Long-distance moving can be an extremely stressful experience, especially if you’re planning on doing it all by yourself. Even the mere thought of what the entire moving process entails, from packing up your entire household and loading all of it onto a truck, to unloading and unpacking it all over again is enough to make anyone feel physically and emotionally exhausted.
For this reason, professional moving services can the key to surviving and keeping your sanity intact during a move. A reliable, well-organized, and efficient moving company can take over for you during what could be a stressful time, to turn it into a smooth and seamless experience that you can actually enjoy.
Many professional movers, like our team of top-rated movers at First Class Moving Systems go above and beyond to provide a stress-free, no-hassle moving experience for their customers. It goes without saying that packing, crating, lifting and hauling heavy furniture, pianos, and other items are extremely hard work, and our team is always glad to receive a tip as a reward for our efforts to make you happy. If you’re planning to hire professional help and wondering about the protocol for tipping movers, this article will explain everything you need to know about the process.
Tipping Movers: When to Tip and How Much?
It is an excellent idea to give a good tip for movers if they went the extra mile to exceed your expectations. Here are some instances when you should tip:
- The move was completed earlier than expected
- The movers were on time, polite, and courteous
- Your belongings are positioned strategically into the moving truck, eliminating the need to make more trips than necessary
- You are moving in or out of an upstairs apartment or home with lots of stairs
- The movers were extra careful with your belongings and were able to move everything without any scratches or damages.
There is no specific standard on the amount of tip that you should give for local moves or long-distance moves. However, a good tip for movers can range from $20 per mover to 5% of the total bill. When tipping movers, it is recommended to tip each of the staff individually rather than giving the tips as a whole to the supervisor because it shows that you recognize their individual efforts.
Alternative Rewards for a Job Well Done
If you are a little short on cash but would like to say thank you for the excellent service that the movers provided, you might want to try other ways of showing your appreciation. Below are some of our team’s favorite ways that customers have shown their appreciation for our hard work.
- Keep your movers refreshed and hydrated with plenty of cold, ice water or other drinks.
- Spring for a quick lunch—subway sandwiches, wraps, burritos, or another type of healthy, filling meal that can be eaten on-the-go is always appreciated.
- If you’re leaving items behind or giving them away to donate, you might want to think about offering them to your movers instead.
First Class Moving Systems: Your Trusted Provider of Exceptional Moving Services
Reliable moving and storage companies such as First Class Moving Systems can provide a smooth and efficient moving experience. From local moves to long-distance moves, a team of experienced professionals can help you enjoy a stress-free move that is personalized to your unique needs.
At First Class Moving Systems, we also provide related services such as packing, moving, crating, and storage. With our climate-controlled facilities and specialized tools and equipment, we’re capable to handle any size move, whether it’s a large, corporate office relocation to another country or a small household transfer across the street.
If you want to learn more about our relocation services, give us a call to speak with a representative today. You can also fill out our online form if you’d prefer, to schedule a free, in-home visit and pricing estimate with one of our team members.