During this uncertain time, I want to personally reach out to all of our customers, clients, partners, members and other stakeholders to inform you about what we are doing here at First Class to support you and your relocation objectives as well as those of your clients amid the current national emergency. First Class has always prioritized safety first.
We are closely monitoring COVID-19 (commonly known as Coronavirus) and following guidance and recommendations from the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) along with the directions of state, local and federal regulatory agencies. Working together and following recommended best practices (and innovating new ones) will allow us to continue to provide moving and logistics services to our valued customers with appropriate levels of caution and concern. First Class will continue to monitor this situation daily and take any additional measures needed as we navigate this situation.
While the situation is dynamic, we do not anticipate service disruptions, other than active DOD service member shipments subject to TRANSCOM’s mandate. We will notify our clients and customers should there be any service changes. We will continue to carefully monitor the situation on a daily basis, and are committed to doing all we can to ensure the health and safety of our clients, communities and employees.
Resources. The CDC has issued guidance for Business and Employees as well as guidance for Individuals and their homes. The World Health Organization (WHO) also has excellent resource information. Following published guidance and continuing to monitor information in your own community is an effective means to help combat the spread of Coronavirus.
We have a comprehensive plan in place should the virus cause any disruption to our ability to meet your scheduled expectation. We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene.
- As a leader in technology adoption in the transportation industry, First Class embraced virtual survey technology a decade ago and began using it regularly five years ago. We will open up its use to all potential and existing customers. We can still send someone to your home, but virtual survey (similar to video chat or FaceTime) is now available to all.
- Our fleet maintenance teams are receiving ongoing briefings and enhanced operating protocols. We work with a national provider of fleet maintenance and have added a more detailed cleaning and disinfecting protocols to our basic service.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning our public areas (including lobbies, door handles, public bathrooms, etc.) at our facilities.
- We are using hospital grade disinfectant to clean trailers and storage units.
- We have increased the deployment of antibacterial hand sanitizers in our facilities and out with our crews.
- We are allowing as many administrative employees as possible to work from home.
Existing Reservations. All reservations that are scheduled for packing and/or loading before April 30, 2020, can be changed or cancelled up to 48 hours before your scheduled arrival.
New Reservations. Any new reservation you make between today and April 30, 2020, for any future packing and/or loading date, can be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 48 hours before your scheduled first packing or loading date.
If you are sick. If your in-home survey or your move is scheduled in the coming days and you are not feeling well, you should notify us immediately. It’s possible to delay the start of your move, but you should check with us to see what dates are available and to get details related to any changes. If you are not at risk or tested negative, you may proceed.
At First Class, we believe it is in challenging times like these that true leaders in customer service set themselves apart. Whether you are relocating now or in the future, our team members are ready to welcome you with a safe First Class experience you’ve come to expect.
If there is anything First Class can do to assist you with questions about your service with us, or what we are doing to protect our clients and employees, please give us a call.
First Class Moving Systems, Inc.
Tampa, Florida and Miami, Florida
Office: (813) 889-0308
Direct: (813) 383-2101
Toll Free: (866) 717-MOVE
Fax: (813) 889-3802
Subscribe to First Class Moving Systems's Blog