The mission of the NASMM, or the National Association of Senior Move Managers, is to enhance the relocation process for seniors throughout the country—including those who reside in Florida.
Started in the 1990s, NASMM helps senior citizens downsize from long-held family homes to apartments and assisted living facilities, minimizing the stress and trauma that can often accompany these events. At First Class Moving Systems, we’re part of the NASMM, and you can rely on us to deliver the compassionate, efficient services you need for your next transition.
Senior Move Managers Providing Full-Service Support
The Senior Move Managers of NASMM are tasked with making the moving process easier for seniors, and they offer their training and experience to provide people with physical and emotional support throughout the process.
Key services provided by the Senior Move Managers at First Class include:
- Home Sale Assistance at Origin
- Professional Lease Termination Assistance
- Organizing, Sorting and Packing Personal Possessions
- Space Planning for the New Living Space
- Organizing Estate Sales, Tag Sales, and Consignment of Household Goods
- Arranging for Professional Shipment and Full-Service Storage for Belongings
- Managing the Professional Packers and Residential Movers
- Unpacking and Put-Away Service at Destination
- Hanging Pictures and Organizing Goods
- Communicating with Dependents Regarding the Move
If you or someone you love is a senior citizen moving in Florida, you’ll be happy to know that our NASMM Move Managers are primarily relocation professionals who understand the transition process forwards and backwards. NASMM Move Managers have worked in healthcare, gerontology and nursing—many also come from a technology and project management background.
The Value of Working with a Senior Move Manager
Moving is a complex and stressful task, especially for senior citizens. Having a professional advocate for you or a loved one during the process will make it much easier.
NASMM helps assure the quality of its senior move managers by providing accreditation and ethics guidelines for every manager. Each member must take the accreditation course, pass an exam on best practices, and sign the NASMM code of ethics that illustrates NASMM’s seven standards:
- Advocacy and Loyalty to the Client
- Promoting Self Determination
- Right to Privacy
- Avoiding Conflict of Interest
- Continuing Education
Request More Information on Working with Our Experienced Senior Movers
To ensure a completely positive moving experience, many Senior Move Managers work directly with trusted moving companies—like First Class Moving Systems! Call our professional team today for a free consultation and no-obligation quote, and we’ll be happy to tell you more about our NASMM affiliation and the comprehensive services we provide.